Lunes, Agosto 11, 2014

My Perception/Experience in using Facebook as a Social Media

              It was two years ago when I joined in Facebook. My Facebook account was created by my eldest sister because I am not familiar about Facebook I just hear this word on the news. When I use it for the first time, I see that I already have many friends in FB but I do not know some of them personally and there is already a profile pic and cover photos although it is an anime, for me they are the best profile pic because I really don’t want to put my own picture as my profile pic if yes, I prefer it to be a group picture. Little by little I have learned how to use it well. For two years, Facebook has given me many experiences and most of these experiences I consider as good.
            Through Facebook, I can be able to communicate with my friends, family and relatives especially those who live in far away places. I can also view some photos and videos of them also through FB I’ve become somewhat updated to the happenings in their life. Before, I just have few photos in FB but now it becomes many because my classmates uploaded our photos taken whenever we wanted to have a snapshot just for fun. Looking at these photos gives me satisfaction because I can look back to our precious moments, adventures, and events. My friends and I also share those funny pictures which are shared in public, brainteasers, quotations, math problems etc. There is an instance that that in the simple math problem that my classmate have shared created a simple argument because each of us gives our answer but some of them has different answers until the comments become more and more, the first time I have seen that post it only has four comments but when I open my FB again I was a little bit shocked when I have seen it for the second time because as what I have said a while ago, the comments on it become many and reading them makes me laugh.
            The best experience Facebook has given me is the opportunity to view the photos and videos of my favorite actors and actresses especially those from other countries also, it enables me to have an access to information about them and I am very happy to look for an updates about them because of these, I did not notice that I have already spent many hours in using my FB. The funny comments that my friends have written in some of our photos doesn’t seem to be bad on my part, in fact these comments adds more excitement when I’m taking a look at those photos so I do not consider those as a bad experience in using my account apart from that there is nothing else which can consider as bad experiences.
            Although Facebook users seem to have no privacy because everybody can take a look at your account, but in order to prevent that even just a little, I do not put there more about my personal information, I don’t even add and accept friends who are just an acquaintances but my FB friends who are actually just my acquaintances that were added by my sister who created my account, instead of unfriending them, I just label them as an acquaintance of course, but I have already unfriend those who belong to my FB friends whom I actually don’t know so that when I share some photos, post and my status, only my friends could see it.
            When I use my FB and when I see that some of my acquaintances are online, I turn off the chat so that they could not bother me during my Facebook session. And as much as possible I keep my account to become not totally public.  

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento